[opensource-dev] Unity 3D as possible base for future (maybe even official) SL Viewers

Brandon Husbands xotmid at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 21:36:45 PDT 2010

Ive used it, and fount it blehh.  I think we are failing to communicate
about our conception of what is possible and what is used.

Are you saying that the normal user would have full access to what you use
to develop the "client"?
As its a middle ware really i fail to see how your going to implement that.
I could be wrong. There are so many propitiatory things that you'd have to
code in and handle rendering for with sl. Also remember you can not change
the server backend. I just do not see it possible or powerful enough to
handle what sl uses and does. I guess its the same concept between higher
level langs and lower level ones. I could be wrong about this and just be
old school in my thoughts.

If your so sure that it can do what needs to be done why have you not
already done a prototype.