[opensource-dev] Unity 3D as possible base / 2.x Codebase plugin capable?

Science Fiction Computer - SCi-Fi PC partners at scifipc.com
Mon Oct 4 23:21:07 PDT 2010

LL Snowstorm/Opensource-Dev,

To stimulate SL growth and accessibility to the mainstream, one or the
collective SL Viewer developers and/or decision makers ought to think &
design universally.

If mesh becomes a standard in SL, a basic mesh editor ought to be included
by default.

The ability to plugin with existing professional tools such as Photoshop,
Gimp, Blender, Max, etc. is essential for high-end content production and
advanced SL users.

However, to deny a new users who are discovering either 3D Second Life or
the 3D Web for the first time a complete basic set of content creation tools
for the 3D world they are introduced to (of which would include a mesh
editor), may seriously discourage them; along with potential opportunity for
regular influx of new & emerging content creators within our community from
Low, Medium, and High End.

SL Viewer Mesh Editor doesn't need to be Maya, it just needs to be 'there'
and 'basic' to encourage new content creators to create and feel that they
begin to learn and participate without significant barriers.

We must try and avoid any situation where a New User in SL feels
disadvantaged or unable to create before they start.

Regards,

DMC Zsigmond-Jurassic
Science Fiction.