[opensource-dev] [JIRA] Updated: (SH-173) [VWR-22868] Development Viewer freezes just after startup / greedy with file handles / 'WARNING: ll_apr_warn_status: APR: Too many open files'

Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) oz at lindenlab.com
Thu Oct 7 07:26:36 PDT 2010

  On 2010-10-07 10:21, Ponzu wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 12:37 AM, Merov Linden (JIRA)
> <no-reply at secondlife.com <mailto:no-reply at secondlife.com>> wrote:
>

>         [
>     https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-173?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
>     ]
>
>     Merov Linden updated SH-173:
>     ----------------------------

>        Resolution:     (was: Fixed)
>
>     Re-opening to port to 2.2.0 beta
>
> Hi, Merov.
>
> FYI, I have been running this in my build.  I increased the limit to
> 64, but aside from that it works the same and seems to work fine.
>
> i am not trying to make more work for you, but I wanted to mention
> something you probably figured out already.  This fix is a simple
> minded hack that does the job, but not very elegantly.  You folks can
> figure out better than I what the right value should be (64 or 32 or
> other).  Maybe the Server team will have an opinion.  Maybe the value
> should be a settable parameter.  Maybe it should be dynamic...
>
> In any case, I am glad it is fixed because it was making me crazy 8-)

Good to hear that the quick fix is stable for you (if it works with your
latency, it probably works for everyone).

The better fix is certainly something that will require some careful
coordination with the server side and how those connections are managed,
but that will not be forgotten (if only because it is likely that there
are significant performance improvements available).