[opensource-dev] Fix for "Attachments displayed in mouselook" bug

Zabb65 zabb65 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 11:59:18 PDT 2010

I tend to agree with Argent on this, it should have a comment if there
is a hack in place to make it all function.

I ran it through hg blame and it claims that revision 11977 was when a
big block in pipeline.cpp changed

11977: BOOL LLPipeline::hasRenderType(const U32 type) const
11977: {
11977:  return mRenderTypeEnabled[type];
11977: }

previously this function was in a header and looked like

BOOL hasRenderType(const U32 type) const				{ return (type &&
(mRenderTypeMask & (1<<type))) ? TRUE : FALSE; }

Subtle isn't it?

http://hg.secondlife.com/viewer-development/changeset/c09f9bcd9d20
however does not show this, and I suspect that it is heavily truncated
on bitbucket, even though the full patch can be pulled from the hg
repository itself.

So, this change is good, I support it, but make the hack for
attachment hiding obvious so that it doesn't have more creep later on.
Comments for hacks like this are a good thing. Leaving them only in
commit messages leaves them to be lost and forgotten and then broken
by whoever browses the code.