[opensource-dev] O.O Display name code DROP!

Rob Nelson nexisentertainment at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 01:00:44 PDT 2010

  So basically, LL decided to go from simply changing the formatting of
their logs to (if what I am hearing is correct), of all things, LLSD XML
notation, possibly the worst formatting of log possible?

Has ANYONE over there at LL looked at the sheer amount of overhead LLSD
produces? We'll have log folders that are larger in size than our cache
folders.

"[{TIME}] {DISPLAY NAME} ({REAL.NAME}) says: {STUFF}" would have been
MORE than sufficient for logging purposes.

Rob