[opensource-dev] O.O Display name code DROP!

Bryon Ruxton bryon at slearth.com
Fri Oct 15 17:49:51 PDT 2010

Hi Leyla,

Glad to keep the current text format if there are no real goals for changing
it.
For one that would have broken the integrity of current log files.

On that point I would actually love to know if the filenames of IM logs is
eventually change, from say First Last.txt to first.last.txt (for legacy
names).

Please consider that one carefully, as that would require us to change
all file names of existing logs to avoid new sets of files being created
on top existing log files, when starting using that viewer's code, should it
change.
i.e. Being able to keep the IM history for each Agent or Group name in one
unique file is important here.

And Sythos¹s suggestion would be correct for separate IM logs specifically,
for avoiding
redundant repetition of the username unnecessarily for each line.