[opensource-dev] Stuff I'd like to see in the coming sprint

Dave Booth dave at meadowlakearts.com
Tue Oct 19 17:07:22 PDT 2010

On 10/19/2010 13:58, malachi wrote:
> I would also like to see (since there are so many new changes to the
> server.....)
>
> issues like
>
> VWR-11683
>

> or any other new scripting functions that will reduce lag and speed up
> efficiency for developers. i dont think focusing only on functions and
> features that are going to ADD to lag should be going on here. i think as
> a community we should be working on ways to reduce the lag as well.
>
> any chance that someone will drop the few lines of code into the new
> server version and spit out the keys to scripts or do we all have to keep
> using tpv clients and 65535^3 prims to scan regions?

I love that idea but since its a scripting enhancement then apart from
the script editor floaters syntax highlighting thats purely a
server-side change. It's not something the snowstorm team or any of us
can work on since its not in the opensource code. Sad to say that jira
is likely going to end up closed as misfiled, because if its a scripting
thing it aint a VWR project issue. You can count on my voice adding to
you advocating for it as a server enhancement, but in its current jira
location its likely gonna sink without trace.