[opensource-dev] Tools of the trade.

Kent Quirk (Q Linden) q at lindenlab.com
Wed Oct 20 11:43:11 PDT 2010

We've been having this discussion internally for some time. There's a lot of friction because a) we have to update lots of developers, and b) we have to rebuild all the libraries and distribute them internally.

We've been working on a tool called autobuild which will automate this process; it's almost ready. It should make it lots easier for us as well as opensource developers to get a build up and running, and will centralize the tool decisions so that we can finally upgrade fairly easily.