[opensource-dev] Mesh Source Code ETA

Zabb65 zabb65 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 15:05:32 PDT 2010

Last week when Mesh was announced into public beta, it was said the
source code would be put up by the end of the week, checking the blog
post mentions that it would be placed on the snowstorm wiki page, but
I cannot find it there.

After having corresponded with a few people it seems that the build
was broken and that is what is keeping the source from being
published. Later on I heard that pieces of mesh were being removed
from the code because of license restrictions. So my questions are as
follows:

1. Is there any ETA on a release for the source code to the mesh viewer?
2. As things are being removed, what exactly is being pulled, the
entire uploading process? Mesh decomposition support only? Something
else?
3. Is there the possibility of the code being released, even in its
broken state so that the community can review the changes made and
become more accustomed to them for merge purposes. Or so that the
dedicated community could piece together a working build from what is
there somehow?

~Zwagoth