[opensource-dev] Files deleted by uninstaller don't appear in Recycle Bin

Thomas Shikami thomas.shikami at online.de
Tue Oct 26 16:05:50 PDT 2010

SuezanneC Baskerville schrieb:
> Files deleted by the  SL uninstaller don't appear in the Recycle Bin
> on my Windows XP system.
>
> It seems to me it would be better if they did.
>
> Some files deleted by some other programs do appear in the Recycle Bin.
>
> In the case that brought this to my attention, it was the uninstaller
> for the SL Development Viewer and what it deleted was all my chat
> history, which could have been 7 years of chat history.

That is a problem with SL installer. Installers should never touch any
of the user specific folders anyways. Same for uninstallers. That is for
the windows platform.
The uninstaller deleting chatlogs is a bug.

To get most of your logs back, try some undeletion software. Maybe
system restore saved the logs as well, but I wouldn't just use system
restore, as it's an intrusive task and may cause more problems than it's
worth.