[opensource-dev] Issue with Snowstorm build 213153

Philippe (Merov) Bossut merov at lindenlab.com
Thu Oct 28 15:44:01 PDT 2010

Hi,

We had a strange issue today with that build which ended up being built from
a merged node instead of the tip. The last 2 changeset in the tree are:

changeset:   13218:f687381cc6bc
tag:         tip
parent:      13216:f6305a7f525c
parent:      13217:3795a42120f6
user:        Merov Linden <merov at lindenlab.com>
date:        Wed Oct 27 11:44:33 2010 -0700
summary:     STORM-452 : merge with viewer-development

changeset:   13217:3795a42120f6
parent:      13205:f40486111006
user:        Andrew Productengine <adyukov at productengine.com>
date:        Wed Oct 27 19:23:52 2010 +0300
summary:     STORM-452 FIXED Made protective fix for crash in
LLAgentCamera::resetView().

I pushed those (and other changes) at the same time on the tree. Clearly,
"f687381cc6bc" is the tip but TC picked up "3795a42120f6" instead and that
ended up building things that were missing a day of merges. A bunch of JIRA
thus have been failing QA and were back in the "To Do" swim lane.

We do not know why TC did this but it's possible this is a rare "back to the
future" issue: the time stamp for Andrew changeset is actually more recent
than the timestamp of my merge thanks to our respective time zones. We
suspect that this confused TC when picking up the repo.

After consulting with hg/TC experts, we think that this was a "one off"
occurrence because of me merging aggressively Andrew's changes right after
they were done. I'm going to resume merging now and, hopefully, everything
will be back to normal in the next build.

Thanks for your attention and sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,
- Merov