[opensource-dev] Testing for VWR-20741 and sub task VWR-20933

Aleric Inglewood aleric.inglewood at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 05:34:45 PDT 2010

Hi,

I didn't actually test it, but looked at the changeset in a review-kind-of-way,
and have the following concerns:

1) It has been agreed in the past, imho, that this would be turned off
by default;
    the current patch turns it on.
2) If there has communication with people with this turned off, and then
    the option is turned on; then the last part of the communication with the
   option turned off is shown till eternity if there wasn't some chat history
   today or yesterday; which is basically the same concern as point 3:
3) If there was communication -say- three days ago (but not today or
    yesterday), then that isn't found.

A solution to point 2 and 3 would be to create a symbolic link to the
last log file created and look for that instead of oldLogFileName
The name of this symbolic link may not contain a date of course, and
it may not be equal to ndsLogFileName. Ie, it could have -most_recent
appended.