[opensource-dev] before opena Jira, APR

Francesco Rabbi sythos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 08:14:20 PDT 2010

Il giorno 01/set/2010, alle ore 16:47, "Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence)"
<oz at lindenlab.com> ha scritto:

> Correct, but that's also something we should improve anyway - doing a
> better job of prioritizing which textures are loaded and in what order
> could make things _seem_ faster, even if the total time was the same.
> Doing both that and the connection handling together would be a big win
> (file under "Faster").

May be usefull do something like old windlight... The area visible by
avatar (cam or mouselook) should be splitted in slices and textures
should be downloaded starting from closest slice 16 textures each
512Kbps of inbound network speed (client setup). A system for fallback
on single texture if corrupted or timed out will be great...

--
Sent by iPhone