[opensource-dev] Snowstorm Daily Scrum Summary - 09/01/2010

Esbee Linden (Sarah Hutchinson) esbee at lindenlab.com
Wed Sep 1 23:31:14 PDT 2010

Date: Wed Sep 1

Daily Scrum Summary also available online: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Snowstorm_Daily_Scrum_Archive

== GENERAL NOTES ==
Don't forget to keep the Sprint Backlog up to date!
Put your name beside the one you're working on
Update your time remaining on that task at the end of each day!

== DAILY SCRUM ==

=== Aimee ===
PAST
Sprint retrospective.
Sprint planning.
Merged minimap panning (VWR-13221)
Merged minimap avatar inspectors (VWR-17653)

FUTURE
Test minimap panning and avatar inspectors
Merge and test teleporting multiple friends (VWR-22454)

IMPEDIMENTS
None

=== Tofu ===
PAST
VWR-22162 FIXED I can't add negative signs to TWIST in Edit Mode
VWR-21717 PARTIAL Classfied Ads - "Adult" cannot be chosen

FUTURE
VWR-21717 Classfied Ads - "Adult" cannot be chosen

IMPEDIMENTS
current task may cross over into dataserver work. I don't think the Snowstorm team is equipped for that... at least I'm not.

=== Oz ===
Note: Office Hour canceled for today

PAST
Wiki updates

FUTURE
Post first Development build on secondlife.com !
More wiki updates
Investigate setting up an on line code review system

IMPEDIMENTS
None

=== Merov ===
PAST
Sprint planning and retrospective
LLKDU upgrade: contacted Kakadu, license upgrade work to be done
As a user, I'd like to share snapshots within my group freely so that we all feel more connected as a group: merge done, pushed to merov_linden/viewer-development-import
As a machinima creator, I'd like to be able to turn off scripted lights so that my shoot looks more realistic: merge done, pushed to merov_linden/viewer-development-import
As a user, I'd like to set particles off so that I can make good photographs: merge done, pushed to merov_linden/viewer-development-import
As a builder, I want to get rulers well aligned so that I can make things fit with precision: merge done, pushed to merov_linden/viewer-development-import
Snowglobe OH

FUTURE
LLKDU upgrade: make progress on instrumentation, sync with team chopper
As a user, I'd like to get chat translated in my language so that I can make more friends: merge in merov_linden/viewer-development-features

IMPEDIMENTS
Kakadu license upgrade

=== Q ===
OOO

=== Esbee ===
PAST
Sprint retrospective.
Sprint planning.
Many, many meetings

FUTURE
Prep for interview with Dusan Writer
Snowstorm Blog Post
Backlog Grooming
Office hours

IMPEDIMENTS
None

=== Paul ===
PAST
BUG vwr-22724 (Clicking an attachment switches the Add More inventory to Flat view) Pushed
BUG vwr-22723 (Add More category picker defaults whenever a clothing item is removed Pushed
review docs on new workflow

FUTURE
VWR-21585 (Make all tabs support horizontal resizing).

Special thanks to Vadim Savchuk for help in pushing tickets according to the new workflow.

IMPEDIMENTS
none

=== Andrew ===
PAST
Task VWR-20702 (bottom bar  order of the buttons as they appear in the UI.)
WIP. Finished VWR-20705 (Drag & Drop implementation), cleanup and send for review tomorrow
Task VWR-20706 (Make sure auto-hiding and shrinking buttons still work).
Investigated, consulted dev who worked on it before, estimate - 4h

FUTURE
* finish VWR-20705 (Drag & Drop implementation).
* Task VWR-20706 (Make sure auto-hiding and shrinking buttons still
work).

IMPEDIMENTS
* none

=== Vadim ===
PAST
*Task VWR-20926 (Enable sidebar to track detaching/attaching tabs):
**
Submitted according to the new process.
*Task VWR-21127 (Implement saving size and position of detached tabs):
** Asked Anya a few questions. Implementation will depend on the  answers.
*Bug VWR-22280 (Viewer: add "language" parameter to Buy  LindeX Floater's XMLRPC call):

**Fixed, submitted according to the new process.
*Created a Bitbucket repo for the SB tabs work and transplanted all our changesets submitted so far from viewer-experimental to that repo.
Helped PG with resubmitting his yesterday's changes in the new fashion.

FUTURE
*Task VWR-21127 (Implement saving size and position of detached tabs):
          Will proceed with it if I get the answers.
*Will help Sergey with polishing the feature or pick some bugs to work on.

IMPEDIMENTS
*none

=== Sergey ===
PAST
* Task (VWR-21060) Fix broken ability to open a side tray tab via shortcut, menu item or button outside of the Side Tray.
**WIP. Estimated: 1-2 hours left.

FUTURE
* Task (VWR-20696) Write code to allow for undocking of a sidebar tab
**Fix calling onOpen() for undocked tabs. Estimated: 3-4 hours.
*Task (VWR-20697) Write code to allow for redocking of a sidebar tab
**Fix dock/undock buttons changing depending on tab state. Estimated: 1-2 hours.

IMPEDIMENTS
none

=== Anya ===
PAST
QA process for snowstorm (agreed no need for QARTS for just one tester), Andrey will test builds and report results in a spreadsheet shared with snowstorm team (should it be publicly available?)
jira followup after Esbees awesome sweep
long EC-WC flight with no wifi!

FUTURE
 sprint planning
 Follow up design discussion in VWR-20695 (tear-off tabs, various UI suggestions in comments)
 make sure fixes pushed yesterday will be put up on bitbucket

IMPEDIMENTS
 it will take us some time to get used to the new process.

=== WolfPup Lowenhar ===
 VWR-20741 ans its sub task is ready for review