[opensource-dev] [IDEA] built-in chatlog wikification (was: Esbee Linden's OH Transcript Posted for 09/01/2010)

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Thu Sep 2 10:07:09 PDT 2010

 On 09/02/2010 06:30 PM, Kuraiko Yoshikawa wrote:
> The generator isn't up2date and was build long time before viewer2.x
> was released. "name detection" was allways a lil problem also yes it
> has some bugs... and I guess display names will kill it completely ;-)
Thinking about it, the Viewer itself would actually be in a much better
position to produce a wikified chatlog than any log parser can be with
the current log format. The Viewer "knows" what's an Avatar or object
name and what a system message and could mark them up accordingly. Also,
the Viewer "knows" what is a multi-line message and what multiple messages.

So additionally to the current log (which is good suited for human
consumption and thus should be kept) it could optionally either create a
wikified log with MediaWiki syntax right away (because the official SL
wiki is MediaWiki based), or, if we want to be more flexible, a log that
contains sufficient meta-info for a parser to interpret it correctly
(XML? LLSD?)

Cheers,
Boroondas