[opensource-dev] Plugins/Modular architecture

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Fri Sep 3 06:14:00 PDT 2010

  On 9/2/10 8:13 AM, Talia Tokugawa wrote:
> [...]
> I know this has been suggested before as friends have suggested it.
> Why not make the viewer more Modular? Introduce a plugin architecture.
> Allow any user to "build" their own client that fits their needs and
> requirements.

Its a HUGE undertaking to do that. LL wasn't willing to tackle the issue
directly years ago and they probably don't have the resources to do it
now. It would have to be a community-lead effort and I'm not sure that
developers are willing to invest the time to refactor the viewer at that
level unless LL will be willing to seriously consider using the
resulting re-architectured viewer.

Lawson