[opensource-dev] Snowstorm Daily Scrum Summary - 09/03/2010

Sarah (Esbee) Hutchinson esbee at lindenlab.com
Fri Sep 3 14:26:17 PDT 2010

Date: Fri Sep 3, 2010

Also available here:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Snowstorm_Daily_Scrum_Archive

*=== General Notes ===*
* Don't forget to grab tasks from the Sprint Backlog and update your time
remaining on that task each day!
* Merge Monkey of the Day: Merov

*===Team Status===*

*====Aimee====*
*PAST*
*
* "As a developer, I would like to clean up the way the voice code shuts
down, so that it doesn't leak memory and satifies my OCD".
* Work out what's gone wrong with the hg convert process on
james/viewer-identity-evolution
* Hairy merge of james/viewer-identity-evolution with dessie/viewer-public
to fix it.

FUTURE
* Continue hairy merge of james/viewer-identity-evolution with
dessie/viewer-public and hg convert.

IMPEDIMENTS
* Will need a yes/no to integrate from design review of VWR-21253 before I
can move onto that task, other stuff I can do for now though.

====Tofu====
PAST

====Oz====
PAST
* Sent code review system request to systems team
* Prepped discussion of upcoming common code split

FUTURE
* Post first Development build on secondlife.com ?

IMPEDIMENTS
* none not planned for

 ====Merov====
PAST
* VWR-22761 : LLKDU upgrade:
** Perf data instrumentation: created baseline using LLFastTimer but not
enough info in there. Need to improve that system or go for a quick and
dirty hack...
** Created forked repos for indra-private and discussed with Alain. Newest
Alain's code though doesn't build :(
** Created forked merov_linden/viewer-development-vwr-22761 for this feature
('cause I'm gonna touch lots of things...)
* Merge monkey: nothing to do 'cause Tofu stole all my toys...
* Snowglobe OH

FUTURE
* VWR-22761 : LLKDU upgrade: Modify LLFastTimer to allow "datasize" in and
out tracking

IMPEDIMENTS
* Kakadu license upgrade

====Q====
OOO

  ====Esbee====
PAST
   * Out half day yesterday
* Great interview with Dusan Writer
* Met about Jira triage
* Started documenting how Jira VWR triage will work

FUTURE
* Follow up on VWR-21253
* Respond to Resident Viewer ideas
* Groom backlog
* Finish blog post about Product and Snowstorm
* Edit Q's blog post

IMPEDIMENTS
* None

 ====Paul====
PAST
* TASK VWR-21585 (Make all tabs support horizontal resizing)
**In progress. Estimate ~ 20 hours.

FUTURE
* TASK VWR-21585 (Make all tabs support horizontal resizing)

IMPEDIMENTS
*none

    ====Andrew====
PAST
       * Task VWR-20702 (Bottom bar button reordering):
 ** Sub-task VWR-20705 (Drag&Drop implementation): Done, will commit
shortly.
** Sub-task VWR-20706 (Make sure auoto-hiding and shrining buttons still
work): Done, will commit shortly.
** Sub-task VWR-22690(Saving/restoring button order). Investigated.
Estimate: 5 hours.

FUTURE
* Finish and send for review VWR-20705 (Drag & Drop implementation) and
VWR-20706 (Make sure auto-hiding and shrinking buttons still work).
* VWR-22690 (Saving/restoring button order).

IMPEDIMENTS
* none

         ====Vadim====
PAST
* Task VWR-21127 (Implement saving size and position of detached tabs):
Done.

FUTURE
 * Help Paul with VWR-21585, approve integrating the whole feature (although
most was done today by Tofu)

IMPEDIMENTS
*none

                  ====Sergey====
PAST
* Task (VWR-21060) Fix broken ability to open a side tray tab via shortcut,
menu item or button outside of the Side Tray.
** Completed. But later found more bugs, fixing them now.
* Task (VWR-20696) Write code to allow for undocking/redocking of a sidebar
tab: Done.
* Task (VWR-20970) Implement undocking tabs by dragging: Done.

FUTURE
* Task (VWR-21060) Fix broken ability to open a side tray tab via shortcut,
menu item or button outside of the Side Tray.
** Fix recently discovered bugs.

IMPEDIMENTS
* Do we need a new art for "Undock" button in Side Tray. For now I used the
existing floater "Tear Off" button.
* Task (VWR-20697) Write code to allow for redocking of a sidebar tab

OOO

         *