[opensource-dev] Display Names open source

Aidan Thornton makosoft at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 02:54:23 PDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Henri Beauchamp <sldev at free.fr> wrote:
> Any chance to get a single diff between the base sources of the viewer
> version that was used to implement display names, and the fully display-names
> implemented viewer sources ?... Or to get a hold on the sources for the viewer
> on which the display-name viewer was based ?... That would be a great help
> for porting this feature to TPVs...
>
> Henri.

If Linden Labs have been using Mercurial properly, that should be
fairly easy - and in fact it is relatively easy. Last merged revision
from the upstream code is currently b532610841b5, so "hg diff -r
b532610841b5" will produce the appropriate diff. It's huge, though! (
http://www.makomk.com/~aidan/viewer-display-names-to-ab6c7c8908a4.patch
- see what I mean?). This is actually something that's slightly easier
to do in git, but oh well...