[opensource-dev] The Plan for Snowglobe

Aidan Thornton makosoft at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 04:15:24 PDT 2010

On 9/8/10, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) <oz at lindenlab.com> wrote:
>         * Remove viewer-external from hg.secondlife.com

Am I right in thinking there's no revision history in here that isn't
available in more useful and fine-grained form in viewer-external?

>         * Take down the Snowglobe subversion repository

That's going to be kinda obnoxious, because it means non-Linden Labs
developers won't be able to look back at what was changed in
Snowglobe, when and why. There will still be mainstream 1.23-based
viewers by then unless Linden Labs does something incredibly brilliant
or something incredibly stupid, and they'll still have a use for the
Snowglobe version control history.