[opensource-dev] The Plan for Snowglobe

Daniel Smith javajoint at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 11:30:04 PDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) <
oz at lindenlab.com> wrote:

> Eventually (and there is _no_ plan for when this will be - certainly
> longer than 3 months), it will no longer be possible for us to continue
> to support viewers based on the 1.x code base (including our own), and
> we'll stop.

If this is the case, then you need to reconsider your booming Wizard of Oz
proclamation
of:

“Don’t waste everyones time suggesting that we throw away Viewer 2, or that
> we revert the UI to Viewer 1. It is absolutely not going to
> happen, and any suggestion to that effect will be ignored.”
>
> from:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/opensource-dev@lists.secondlife.com/msg02459.html

What you are doing by that, is setting the puzzle pieces together which will
result in quite a migration of users (and viewer developers) away from LL.

An interesting note is that you have only been at LL (and apparently, in SL)
for only 4 months.  You are making a decision on something where 90% of the
community has much more experience than you.