[opensource-dev] Client side scripting.

Brandon Husbands xotmid at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 18:57:32 PDT 2010

I Am going to put together a test build this week with it and see what it
can do and how well it works.

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Ricky <kf6kjg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hehe, client-side scripting has been in the works for a while now.  At
> least one dev has a working model, (Dzonatas Sol in SNOW-375 I
> believe,) and there has been loads of discussion on the idea on this
> very forum.  Just got interrupted by one of the many "big" events
> that's happened since mid-March... (Good reading there!  Plenty of
> arguments for various methods of implementation.)
>
> From what I remember, LL had been working on a system as well, but I
> don't remember any confirmation..  Oz, is/was such a project in place?
>  If so, any idea what it's progress is and what team is working on it?
>  According to my mail history, it may have been called "Firefly".
>
> Ricky
> Cron Stardust
>
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Brandon Husbands <xotmid at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Was looking at this it would be really simple and really powerful
> including
> > new ui's and stuff.
> > You could expose what llclass methods you want and create new ones.
> >
> > Wrap that up into a mono dll that they just use the name space of so they
> > dont have to bother with any extern code syntax.
> >
> > http://www.mono-project.com/Embedding_Mono
> >
> > Would bring a whole new slew of people to the tables with c# skills.
> >
> > Also allowing for features and ui stuff kinda like LUA and World of
> Warcraft
> > where they expose the functions they wish to provide to the user.
> >
> > You would run in the lowest priv level. And do like a andorid app does
> when
> > they install it it says what they are requesting access to do and the
> user
> > has to grant that.
> >

> > Maybe a day or two worths of work to get something going with basic
> interop.

> > Policies and (un)subscribe information available here:
> > http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/OpenSource-Dev
> > Please read the policies before posting to keep unmoderated posting
> > privileges

This email is a private and confidential communication. Any use of email may
be subject to the laws and regulations of the United States. You may not
Repost, Distribute nor reproduce any content of this message.