[opensource-dev] Compiling Snowglobe

Rob Nelson nexisentertainment at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 00:18:30 PDT 2010

  So I've got a recent-ish snowglobe source tree on Windows 7.  It
compiles fine on Linux.  However, on Windows it's a hellish nightmare,
and the wiki might as well be talking about compiling 1.23.  I've asked
3 separate IRC channels with few positive results.

My current problem is with the libraries.  VC80 screams about missing
VC80 boost libraries.  I looked in the libraries folder and found that
it had VC90 boost libraries (according to the filenames, anyway), so I
spent an hour installing and configuring VC90 only to find that it is
almost as broken as VC2010, flooding me with "unresolved external"
errors when linking with any non-boost lib.

So, is there anywhere I can find VC80 boost binaries compatible with
SnowGlobe? (The prebuilt tarballs that LL provides only come with VC90
libs.)  If not, how do I get this thing to build?  Which voodoo god must
I sacrifice my firstborn to?

Rob