[opensource-dev] Userstory

Obsidian Kindragon Kindragon at comcast.net
Sun Sep 19 16:48:08 PDT 2010

  Having a better way to identify in a profile whether it is age
verified or not is a good idea, but I don't think the "default" and
"automatic" actions requested should be in a viewer. Not all unverified
users are kids, and treating them automatically as minors and muting or
blocking them is not something I would want in a viewer. Identification
tends to work the opposite of what you assume: one tends to use ID to
prove you are not a minor, not to prove you are a minor.

The ability to ban based on age verified status is already available:
set your land to allow access to Age Verified accounts only. You won't
need eject if you don't allow such users on the land in the first place.

As for setting the ability to automatically ban based on verified status
as the default, that's not what I want as a user. Users may get land
before they are verified and get automatically banned from their own
parcel, or find their friends not able to access the land and need
additional assistance to see why their land is automatically set to ban
unverified users. I feel that banning settings should always be chosen
by the user and the default to not be blocking people from the land,
except in the case of Adult regions where it is assumed that only age
verified or payment on file status is allowed.

Having some Linden Homes available in Adult regions is an idea, and I
think Linden Lab may wish to look into that market of users.

- Obsidian Stormwind (AKA Obsidian Kindragon)