[opensource-dev] Third Party Plug-ins?

miss c miss_c_27 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 10:57:16 PDT 2010

Would it be a plausible feature in the future to have the code accept third
party plug-ins instead of creating whole new viewers?  Then have a Third party
directory approved plug-in list.  As I mentioned before, my husband is making an
external installer for people that may have difficulty installing skins into the
new viewer, this will be a directory that all skin designers can add their skins
to.  Wouldn't it be better to have a RLV plug in or an AO plug in, or a radar
plugin that displays distance, then have to add all that to each viewer?  I do
realize that there may be some things that Linden Lab might not want to add to
their code but if its switched to a plug in system, people can pick and choose
which additional features they prefer without having whats considered competing
iewers.

TY

Miss