[opensource-dev] VWR-20094 - Maybe still a hope for scripters with viewer 2?

Ricky kf6kjg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 15:40:08 PDT 2010

This bug, and it's relations, are recurring characters. (No pun
intended!) A few years ago I ran across this in one of the 1.x viewer
editions, and it was rapidly fixed.  But it doesn't look like a
regression test got built.  Either that or the test didn't make it
into 2.x.

Some of the relations of this bug are in other areas.  To me it seems
that QA seems to miss testing the viewer with a UI scale setting other
than 1.0.  I figure that this will be one of the big advantages of the
Snowstorm process: More testers with different setups and
configurations.  Personally I prefer a UI size of 0.875, but since I
upgraded to a higher rez screen it's not been so much of an issue.
2.x also seems to have a smaller default font size than 1.x, but that
may be an artifact of my screen upgrade!

Ricky
Cron Stardust