[opensource-dev] Snowstorm changes

Kent Quirk (Q Linden) q at lindenlab.com
Tue Sep 28 11:33:16 PDT 2010

Hello, everyone.

We've had a good first few weeks of the Snowstorm team. It took a little longer than we'd hoped, but we have launched the Viewer 2 Beta for version 2.2.0, and we're continuing to move forward (new beta very soon).

Much of our success in this period can be attributed to the unstinting efforts of Tofu and Aimee, who have really done amazing work in the last few weeks.

We at Linden Lab made a corporate decision back in the spring to close down our entire presence in the UK; all UK-based Lindens were affected, with varying timing. This means that Tofu and Aimee will be no longer be Lindens after Thursday.

Both of them have worked on my team for a long time now, and I consider them both friends as well as colleagues. Please join me in thanking them and wishing them the best in the future. They will be missed.

Cheers to both,