[opensource-dev] 2.0 Absolute Dealbreaker - script count feature request
wolfpup67 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 29 15:38:42 PDT 2010
This sounds good. Another function could be:
. list llGetScriptTotal(key_id)
Where it would return the following list of items:
· Total number of scrpts
· Total script memory used
· Total script time
· Number of mono scripts
· Number of non-mono scripts
That information would be more use full to both content creators and land/sim owners.
From: opensource-dev-bounces at lists.secondlife.com [mailto:opensource-dev-bounces at lists.secondlife.com] On Behalf Of Kelly Linden
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:01 PM
To: miss c
Cc: opensource-dev at lists.secondlife.com
Subject: Re: [opensource-dev] 2.0 Absolute Dealbreaker - script count feature request
So I was playing with the following LSL function in a sandbox yesterday and I like it, but I'm gonna guess not everyone will.
integer llGetScriptMemoryTotal(key id) returns the total script memory used by all scripts in the object or for agents the total script memory used by all attachments combined. Only works for objects and avatars in the same region.
Potential problems with it:
* Dyslexic naming weird it is.
* No permissions checks, anyone can view the sum for anyone / any object. Since this is the case for the viewer feature it seems like adding any restrictions will just leave people still wanting the viewer hack version.
* No detail information. I think this is best when used on anyone not yourself for privacy reasons. And we do have the UI for finding per-attachment details on yourself. So maybe not an issue.
* Reports 'reserved' script memory. A mono-script will report 64k while an LSL script will report 16k, when really the mono script may be using less (mono scripts average 8-10k last I checked, in actual usage). Being able to report lower results for mono scripts is gated on other development work not currently in progress.
* It doesn't seem like a very complete API.
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:47 PM, miss c <miss_c_27 at yahoo.com> wrote:
Still need a script counter *hides*
What I am probably going to do is get my husband to build me a personal version of 2.2 with mesh and the script counter. That doesn't help everyone else though.
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.856 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3166 - Release Date: 09/29/10 01:37:00
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the opensource-dev