[opensource-dev] inventory dealberaker

Marine Kelley marinekelley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 00:53:27 PDT 2010

On 30 September 2010 09:42, Erin Mallory <angel_of_crimson at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  IF i am using v2, and i crash with unanswered inventory offers I expect
> the viewer to automatically accept them. someone on the list said the system
> does, but EVERY time i crahs and i ahd inventory offers from an object they
> have disapeared.  this is unacceptable. especially since viewer two does NOT
> log what objects give you what.
> I have lost probably close to $500 usd worth of items from this and its
> jirad by other people some of which lsot even more then I have and this
> still isnt fixed.  this NEEDS to be made a priority.

Automatically accept inventory offers... maybe. It could open ways to
griefing though. But what is unacceptable is that declined inventory is
deleted, it does not go to the trash folder anymore. Even when sent from
another user. When I'm in Busy mode I don't want anything that is sent to me
now to be lost, I just don't want it in my face for the moment. But I review
everything later when I have time.

I think that a new "Declined Inventory" system folder could be a good
compromise, it would be like a second Trash or Lost And Found that you can
review and empty at will. It's not hard to do and I'm pretty sure it is a
viewer-only change.