[opensource-dev] Windows compiling problem

Jonathan Welch jhwelch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 13:03:45 PDT 2011

I have not had much chance to compile since viewer-development took in
the autobuild changes.  This afternoon I gave it a try and fixed a few
issues but am stumped at how to fix this, which occurs in a number of
places:

------ Build started: Project: llwindow, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
 llwindowwin32.cpp
 lldxhardware.cpp
e:\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Include\objidl.h(11280): error C2061:
syntax error : identifier '__RPC__out_xcount_part'
e:\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Include\objidl.h(11281): error C2059:
syntax error : ')'
e:\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Include\objidl.h(11281): fatal error
C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation

I fiddled a bit with the include path in the props file and this is
what I currently have:
<IncludePath>E:\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\INCLUDE;e:\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Include;e:\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Include\gl;e:\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June
2010)\Include;e:\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Samples\winui\TSF\tsfapp;$(WindowsSdkDir)\include;$(IncludePath)</IncludePath>

That first entry is a result of my fiddling.  This is happening in
vs2010 but also via autobuild in a dos window.

Googling on this error says it is an issue of having the include file
list in a certain order, but as far as I can tell my list is
correct...and worked when we were testing autobuild builds before the
code got merged into viewer-development.

Can you shed any light on this?  I am stumped.