[opensource-dev] Daily Scrum Summary - Thursday, April 7

Anya Kanevsky akanevsky at productengine.com
Thu Apr 7 23:23:09 PDT 2011

Sprint 13, ends 04.11.11 Thursday, April 7 General Notes
------------------------------

   - MMOTD: Oz

Team Status
------------------------------
 Merov Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Attended VWR Triage meeting
   - STORM-746 : Use KDU precincts : Ran lots of tests. So far, the use of
   precincts has very little impact on the decompression performance when
   measured on local files. I was expecting some gain when loading partial
   images (since precincts outside the regions are supposedly not decoded) but
   that doesn't translate in any significant performance gain. Wondering if I'm
   measuring the right thing...
   - STORM-610 : Environment Editor, persistent water color : Fixed "milky
   water" problem. Posted an RB. Moved to In Review.

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-746 : Use KDU precincts : Triple check my measurements and post
   test results. Post changes to RB for that JIRA and move to review.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - OOO tomorrow (Friday)

Oz Linden
------------------------------

Wolf Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Met with Oz, Vadim, Grumpity
      - Storm-1092, Storm-2, Storm-1077

*FUTURE*

   - Other projects

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Created a new issue for Storm-1077, but since the was no Sprint 14 yet,
   I just assigned it to myself; will update today

Grumpity ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - met with wolf on STORM-2 etc
   - can't close old sprints in jira b/c QA can't verify issues.

*FUTURE*

   - scehdule time with Bambers to resolve old issues
   - QA roundup
   - STORM triage
   - VWR-20826, VWR-303
   - VWR triage process
   - create TOOL issues for requested jira changes
   - Sprint retrospective prep

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - need a new PO build

Paul ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG STORM-595 (Viewer should stop spamming AgentThrottle messages as
   the slider is dragged)
      - WIP. Today will finish it and send for review.
   - Finished with aoutobuild

*FUTURE*

   - BUG STORM-595 (Viewer should stop spamming AgentThrottle messages as
   the slider is dragged)

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Seth ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG (STORM-941) IM log naming should go by SL name, not DN.
      - Working on changes in IM chat logging.
   - BUG (STORM-1071) Switching language in preferences creates new calling
   cards folders for each language
   - BUG (STORM-1065) Shared calling card is placed into Friends/All folder
      - Checked the debug settings suggested by Stone, looks like it doesn't
      affect both issues.
   - Helped Paul with autobuild on windows.

*FUTURE*

   - BUG (STORM-1042) Disabled 'Save' button at the 'Create Landmark' panel
   - BUG (STORM-1111) Blocks of chat log are being read in from then
   rewritten with new timestamps.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - BUG (STORM-1071) Switching language in preferences creates new calling
   cards folders for each language

Vadim ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Filed a couple of known WLES issues.
   - Bug STORM-1139 ("Apply Changes to Region" works for water but not for
   sky):
      - Investigated, commented in the ticket.
   - Bug STORM-1142 ("Use Estate Time" and "Use Local Time" buttons in the
   Environment Editor don't work):
      - Fixed.
   - Meetings.

*FUTURE*

   - Bug STORM-1118 (Viewer crashes when user tries to upload image without
   JFIF header).
   - STORM-1126 (Windlight Region Settings):
      - Fixing related bugs.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Andrey ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - passed smoke tests for 2.6.3 Beta1
   - failed integrity test on Win7 by VWR-25444
      - looks like Win7 64-bit isn't officially supported, but 2.6.1 Release
      tested one day before worked fine
   - verified changes in scope of IQA-122, see tracking spreadsheet for more
   details
   - started testing of Avatar Physics in scope of IQA-124
      - reported VWR-25445, VWR-25447, VWR-25450

*FUTURE*

   - finish with IQA-124 stuff
   - process STORM/VWR issues assigned by Bao

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Wolfpup Lowenhar
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Working inworld(this is part of testing locally built viewers).
   - STORM-1098 : Waiting for review approvals.

*FUTURE*

   - Working inworld (this is part of testing locally built viewers).

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Getting Autobuild system and security software to play nicely on my
   system.
   - May need to upgrade personal system(CPU, System Board, and Memory) to
   work better with autobuild system

Past