[opensource-dev] [JIRA] Commented: (STORM-1147) Other avatar's loose clothing\ flared cuffs look like they are tight\got no flare in v.2.4.0 and higher

Ardy Lay ardylay at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 16:33:31 PDT 2011

(Please forgive the abject resolution in the following message.  I am
sure it will spoil somebody's day, but I am sorry.  It is necessary to
make this description unambiguous.)

Oz,

The fun thing about having this bug in my avatar's viewer is that it
never affected the appearance of my avatar on my avatar's own camera.
What this bug did affect was the appearance of other avatars on my
avatar's camera.  To reproduce the erroneous rendering on your own would
require you to know positively what some other avatar's appearance
should be.  The most positive way to do this is to run two separate
instances of the Second Life viewer in a manner preventing them from
having any interaction save from that provided by the Second Life Grid's
network.  Running each on it's own host computer is the easiest
configuration.  Each would, of course, need to have it's own Second Life
account and ideally they would be visually side by side both in Second
Life and on your desk.  Running two sessions of the Second Life viewer
on a single host does not positively isolate them from each other at
this time unless you take great care to ensure they SHARE NO DATA
FILES.  Shared cache and/or user setting files can corrupt efforts to
reproduce this issue.

That said, once the bug is gone, you can look around and see that other
avatars do wear clothing that has looseness, flared pant legs and is
affected by simulation wind.  When it's there, it's obvious.  When it's
missing, you might not notice as many avatars do wear all clothing
except skirts and coats tightly.  Not knowing what their intended
appearance is can make this defect unobtrusive in casual use or
systematic testing that does not have a specific item in a test plan to
look for properly rendered clothing including all of the above requirements.

Time for an amended test plan.

Ardy Lay