[opensource-dev] Any possibility of playing animation b y uuid?

Glimmering Sands glimmering.sands at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 09:24:36 PDT 2011

Yes, this would remove a lot of complication from a HUD.  No longer
putting it on the ground for no-copy animation, no more need to rez an
object to have it accept a copy animation and put it in your HUD for
you.  And no longer be limited to the animations you own!  You could
easily import any animation that anyone is playing into your HUD!
Just walk by your favorite animation store and simply import any
animation that anyone is currently using (or just stand on the demo to
play-n-import them all).

It is trivial to get the UUID of any animation that is playing in the
region, be it no-copy or not. This does not require a hacked client,
it can be done with a simple script.  I do think the suggestion of
being able to play animations that are in a different prim of the same
object would be nice and would not be insecure.  At least then you
could leave the main prim to only have the customers animations and
possibly notecards.  I also wish it were possible to transfer a
no-copy animation (inventory object) from one object to another.

-Glimmering