[opensource-dev] Deploying External Editor with Windows build?

Brandon Husbands xotmid at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 12:50:22 PDT 2011

The editor does run under mono just fine.
This would be the windows option for the others just select a few.
Maybe have a list of a few that are in the installer as optional.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Mike Chase <
mike.chase at alternatemetaverse.com> wrote:

> Unless it can be made available cross platform I don't see a reason to
> favor one over another.  Personally I use Eclipse and LSLPlus and the
> internal editor for debug tweaks or quick hacks.
>
> Maybe an alongside download or a link on the dev page.  But I wouldn't
> think bundling it with the viewer makes sense unless the code is donated
> to the project and made to work cross platform. That is, it becomes the
> standard LSL editor for everyone.
>
> Mike
>
> On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 15:23 -0400, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:
> > On 2011-04-21 14:08, Brandon Husbands wrote:
> > > Hey all i own the rights to the source for the LSLEditor.
> > > It is publicly GPL but i can license it to ll under any terms they
> want.
> > >
> > > Since the external editor feature is ebing added it would be a good
> > > idea to deploy that with it.
> > > whatcha think?
> >
> > Your timing is amazing... I'd been meaning to talk to you about that...
> >
> > I confess to not having tried it yet - what say you, Community ?
> >
> > Without making any commitments about what will happen - should we make
> > it available as an optional component?
> > Policies and (un)subscribe information available here:
> > http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/OpenSource-Dev
> > Please read the policies before posting to keep unmoderated posting

This email is a private and confidential communication. Any use of email may
be subject to the laws and regulations of the United States. You may not
Repost, Distribute nor reproduce any content of this message.