[opensource-dev] Snowglobe Startup Failure

aklo at skyhighway.com aklo at skyhighway.com
Sun Aug 7 14:47:04 PDT 2011

Hey Everybody,

somewhere during installing a buncha junk i need for stuff i actually earn
money for, i made it so Snowglobe wouldn't start anymore.  i don't think i
did anything strange, i just click-installed the downloaded stuff right
out of my browser's downloads window.

Anyway, Snowglobe won't start.  i thought maybe it had something to do
with Python, but i think i'm sure now that none of that changed.

Can someone please tell me where Snowglobe might be logging what it does
during start-up so i can see if i can figure out what to do to fix it?
All i get for clicking the Snowglobe icon on my desktop is about 2 sec of
hourglass and then nothing.  i don't wanna change viewers, i just want
Snowglobe to start, and i especially don't wanna get the latest (or any)
version 2 viewer.  Even more, i don't wanna have to never use SL again!

Please help?

P.S.  i thought of just reinstalling Snowglobe, but i have v1.5 & i can't
find a place to download that version, and i either didn't save (typical)
or can't find (even more typical) the installation package i used to begin
with.  :-(