[opensource-dev] 3.0.0 Beta Candidate available

Erin Mallory angel_of_crimson at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 10 20:20:27 PDT 2011

I cannot get it to run in advanced mode.  immediately upon loading it disconnects.  Every time...

Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 17:48:38 -0400
From: oz at lindenlab.com
To: opensource-dev at lists.secondlife.com
Subject: [opensource-dev] 3.0.0 Beta Candidate available

    We have completed our latest build for 3.0.0 (238157) and it's
    available for download here:

    https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Downloading_test_builds#Beta_Candidates

    We'd love to have you try it out - doing the things you normally do
    in Second Life and provide us with feedback.  Once you've had a
    chance to try this out, this build will become the next release into
    our beta channel.  We have created a meta issue in jira for you to
    attach any bug you find https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-26648.
     In addition, if you should discover a mesh issue, VWR bug creation
    now has a Mesh component available.   Some important facts about
    this viewer:

       Mesh support. This build will allow you to upload and see
        meshes on supported regions of aditi and agni (previous viewers
        will show meshes as prims).
       Currently regions in the magnum and "Secondlife RC Mesh"
        channels have mesh support.
       On supported regions where you have build permissions, mesh
        upload can be accessed via the Build->Upload->Model...
        option. A L$ fee will be charged for uploads, with the size of
        the fee determined by the complexity of the model.
       Your account must be mesh enabled before uploading; the
        requirements for this are that your account has payment info on
        file, and that you have completed a questionnaire related to
        intellectual property issues as they apply to mesh. If you are
        not yet mesh enabled, the model upload dialog will provide a
        link to the questionnaire.
       See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh
        for more information about mesh.

    Thank you for your interest in making our viewer experience better.
     If you have any questions, please feel free to either post them in
    our Mesh Forums http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/bd-p/Mesh
     or join us at our office hours http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Content_Creation,_Mesh_Import,_Scripting_User_Group.