[opensource-dev] Viewer 3.0 beta VM usage

Lee ponzu lee.ponzu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 20:39:07 PDT 2011

Has been working very well for me.  I do have one strange issue I thought
might be interesting to the right people.

I watch the OS X Activity Monitor while I am using SL.  The Virtual Memory
(actually, I believe it is the private VM, not the total VM, behaves a
little oddly.  It changes every few seconds.  It normally changes to a value
between about 200MB and 500MB, but it sometimes jumps to 1.2GB and even to
16EB.  This last one is the most surprising.  I am not sure what causes it,
but it seems rather un Apple-like.  Maybe OSX kernel wonks know exactly what
causes this, I sure don't have a clue.  Which, of course, really pisses me
off.

ponzu

By the Way, I am moving to Seattle to take a job at Amazon Web Services.
 Lucky me 8-)  Feel free to drop by and say hello when you are in the
area....