[opensource-dev] "Standard Human Mesh Avatar"???

Moriz Gupte moriz.gupte at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 09:25:11 PST 2011

Or to save some time, get the blender files from the link I provided
earlier ... and examine the mesh files in blender

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Mike Chase <
mike.chase at alternatemetaverse.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-12-12 at 09:40 -0500, Robert Martin wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Dahlia Trimble <dahliatrimble at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > The MakeHuman mesh is probably far too complex (vertex count) to allow
> > > reasonable real-time  performance for many users with less than the
> best
> > > graphics cards. There's probably other meshes available on other 3d
> content
> > > sites which are better designed for real-time animation.
> >
> > the trick with MakeHuman is it can be used to generate multiple meshes
> > it would be understood that it would need to be downsampled (to below
> > XK vertexes) before it could be used on the grid. The big question
> > would be What is the recommended Maximum Vertex count?? (define X
> > please)
> >

> You could always dump the avatar mesh from the viewer (in the develop
> menu I believe) and pull it into blender to get an idea of what your
> dealing with.
>
> Mike

*Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate *Research
Associate Professor*, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel:
208-240-0040
Blog <http://deepsemaphore.posterous.com/>,
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>
, DeepSemaphore LLC <http://www.deepsemaphore.com>, Google+