[opensource-dev] space navigator 3d on linux with viewer 3?

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Sun Dec 25 14:20:42 PST 2011

On 12/25/2011 07:22 PM, Lance Corrimal wrote:
> Got it to work just fine... all you need to do is *NOT* install the
> linux driver from the 3dconnexion website, and create a few udev and
> hal rules.
For those wondering how to do that, it's documented on the wiki
<https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Spacenavigator#Linux>. :-)

(The udev rules there should work for other 3DConnexion n-DoF-devices,
too, but might not have been tested on anything else than the
SpaceNavigator.)

> Am Sonntag 25 Dezember 2011 schrieb Ricky:
>> I just bought one (the SE edition) for my dad for use in SL.  Of
>> course I tested it immediately upon arrival! :P  It worked just
>> fine on my Mac, will be testing on Ubuntu and Windows XP shortly -
>> after my dad gets it.
>>
>> I used something recent from the build server: probably a
>> 3.2.6.somethingorother.
AFAIK, the 'edition' doesn't really matter for what application or
operating system software works with SpaceNavigator, as it's all the
same hardware, anyway, just different licenses on how you might use it.

>> On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 12:48 AM, Lance Corrimal
>>
>> <Lance.Corrimal at eregion.de>wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I see a *lot* of jiras about space navigator 3d support not
>>> working in recent viewers...
>>> ... is there anyone working on that?
>>> Do i have to do more than plug it in to make it work with the
>>> latest viewers?
Looks like you've figured it out by yourself. :-) If anything's missing
or wrong on the wiki page linked above, please edit or comment there.

Cheers, and a merry Christmas
Boroondas