[opensource-dev] Help on invisiprims being broken with deferred rendering

Marine Kelley marinekelley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 03:54:59 PST 2011

Hi all, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (in advance) !

I am working on my RLV and am hitting a wall here. Invisiprims (the
prims that hide a part of your body when you wear shoes or other
pieces of clothing) are completely useless on the latest v-d viewer,
when deferred rendering is active. I know that alpha clothing is
supposed to do the same, but it is not possible to use it in every
case, so I have been trying to fix it myself, to no avail.

A couple months ago, simply backing out the fix to SH-2181 did the
trick, but now the viewer uses OpenGL 3.0 so this solution is
obsolete, since some of the functions it uses are now deprecated.

I have filed a JIRA on this : https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-27981

I don't have much hope that this will be a high priority for LL, but
it is very important for me that invisiprims work.

Could someone point me into the right direction please ? I have been
looking into the shaders but I don't understand much about them so I'm
at a loss here.

Thanks in advance,
Marine