[opensource-dev] problems working with autobuild

Twisted Laws twisted_laws at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 1 08:36:27 PST 2011

just to be clear here, i've no problems configuring and building in vc2005expess the old way.
i start the process with "cmake ." in the indra directory in a cygwin window.  then i open
the .sln file with vc2005express and set the build type and build it.  all is fine.    I can also
use the older way of "./develop.py -G vc80 configure".   I don't see a visual studio 2005
command prompt in my vc2005express.   i have python26 installed and the one in /usr/bin
is linked to that python26.

i can run develop.py with "./develop.py -G vc80 configure" and it works ok, so its not a
wrong python error (one in /usr/bin is linked to python26).  Every python script on my
system worked until this one.

but i don't understand this sequence...
> > $ autobuild configure -c OpenSourceRelWithDebInfo
> > C:\cygwin\bin\python: can't open file
> > '/cygdrive/c/dev/hgbuilds/autobuild/bin/autobuild': [Errno 2] No such file
> > or directory
> > dir: /cygdrive/c/dev/hgbuilds/v-autobuild
> > $ ls -l /cygdrive/c/dev/hgbuilds/autobuild/bin/autobuild
> > -rwxr-xr-x 1 John None 2213 Jan 31 20:37
> > /cygdrive/c/dev/hgbuilds/autobuild/bin/autobuild

where it says the file or directory doesn't exist yet it does...  it obviously existed or
python wouldn't have started to begin with.