[opensource-dev] Daily Scrum Summary - Thursday, February 3

Anya Kanevsky akanevsky at productengine.com
Fri Feb 4 01:22:17 PST 2011

 Thursday, February 3 General Notes
------------------------------

   - Please do not pick up issues tagged with needs-design until the tag has
   been removed.
   - MMOTD: Merov
   - Please remember to move issues to current Sprint when a) starting work
   on them or b) accepting issues from the community

Team Status
------------------------------
 Merov Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - More SNOW triaging: only a dozen left to go...
   - Merge Monkeying: push fixes in both viewer-beta and viewer-development,
   PO build
   - STORM-864 : APR memory pool : finished code review, did a test build,
   plenty of issues. Rejected review. See JIRA for details.

*FUTURE*

   - MM
   - STORM-864 : APR memory pool : waiting on Aleric, suspecting some apr
   bundling issues on Linux and Windows
   - STORM-955 : Massively duplicated objects : keep an eyes on this
   - STORM-746 : KDU Improvements: Compress j2c with precincts

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Oz Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Created 'Open Development' jira project
   - Non-Snowstorm activities
   - Started discussions about open data APIs

*FUTURE*

   - Review autobuild changes from NickyP
   - Document policies and test new jira project rules
   - PO Review
   - Internal Linden training session

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Q Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - STORM-465
   - Triage tooling attempt (which sadly failed, but i have ideas)
   - OOO / Doctor
   - beta 3

*FUTURE*

   - beta 3
   - internal training session
   - OOO late today and all day tomorrow
   - spend time with wolf but probably not 'til monday

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none, other than time

Grumpity ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - prep for product tirage
   - a bit more jira cleanup
   - non-snowstorm stuff

*FUTURE*

   - PEQA deferred issues triage with Bambers
   - continue to prod others to resolve impediments
      - STORM-379, STORM-465

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - we need more vwr triage - bug queue is getting empty

Paul ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG STORM-680 (Avaline callers are added to the Recent list)
      - WIP. 90%. Estimate 2 hours. Implementing the solution.

*FUTURE*

   - Finish with BUG STORM-680 (Avaline callers are added to the Recent
   list)

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Today's progress is not very good because of headache. Today will go
   home a little bit earlier, feel bad.

Seth Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG (STORM-433) Friendship offer shifted up and placed over "Second
   Life" text
      - Found that reshaping text editor with a friendship offer fixes its
      placement. Still looking for more precise reason of the problem

*FUTURE*

   - BUG (STORM-433) Friendship offer shifted up and placed over "Second
   Life" text
      - Estimated: 8-10 hours.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - BUG (STORM-379) Content permissions aren't refreshed in the "Buy copy
   of" floater.
      - Asked in JIRA whether the bug should be fixed in a way that may
      increase server load.

Vadim Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Looked through high impact issues (in code familiar to me) from the
   recent Coverity report.
      - Haven't found anything dangerous (and even if I had found something,
      I don't know the process to handle such issues).
   - Story STORM-2 (Customizable viewer layouts):
      - Working on saving sidebar state. Stuck with handling minimization.
      - I remember Andrew mentioning a bug in LLFloaterReg which may cause
      it to misbehave. Will try consulting with him tomorrow.

*FUTURE*

   - Will work on STORM-2 at least till the end of week.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Andrey ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - picked up Beta3 build#2 (r220251)
   - executed smoke and integrity tests on Windows, Linux and OSX. See
   IQA-80 for more details.
      - smoke on Linux has been failed but it looks like specific
      environment issue (?)
   - proceeded with v-d regression testing, see spreadsheet
   - reported 2 issues: VWR-24714 and VWR-24715

*FUTURE*

   - investigate VWR-24714
   - verify integrated STORM tickets against the latest v-d build *FUTURE*

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Wolfpup Lowenhar
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Worked @ RL .
   - STORM-236 : began debuging issue with button layout resized issues.
   Also discussed this with Oz in IRC.

*FUTURE*

   - Work @ RL
   - STORM-941 : email Oz and Leyla concering posible areas that could be
   causeing the problem.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - STORM-236 : waiting for new graphics and name to call the panel.
   - Not enough time to actually work on code.
   - Computer repair Client that dose not know what non repairable means and
   keeps trying to have me fix a unit that is beyond repair.

Jonathan Yap
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - VWR-24628 (Descriptive text missing next to first checkbox in About
   Land/Access)
      - This had to be fixed first in order to work on Storm - 953. 4 other
      people helped with this! This was my proudest moment as a
developer. Great
      team effort. Easy fix but caused by low-level routine change.
   - STORM-953 (Clarify what happens when you uncheck Allow Public Access)
      - Needs a very quick design review. See image attached to jira
      https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/attachment/47772/AboutLandNote.png

*FUTURE*

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - VWR - 24628 needs to be pulled in to Storm-nnnn
   - Waiting for Oz to Storm-nnnn-ize my bug list.

Cummere Mayo
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - jira stuff