[opensource-dev] Review Request: Make viewer-autobuild work under Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition.

Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) oz at lindenlab.com
Sun Feb 6 06:15:46 PST 2011

I've created a repo sync'ed up to the latest viewer-development, and
with this workaround (I renamed the configuration
VCexpressRelWithDebInfo to make it stand out a bit more).  If folks with
VS Express (2005) could please test it :

https://bitbucket.org/oz_linden/viewer-autobuildvs8

I'm running a test in TeamCity now to make sure that it does not bother
the production builds.

I don't consider this a real fix for the problem (now tracked as OPEN-1,
incidentally), but it's a good enough workaround that we could lower the
severity below Showstopper and remove this block on merging autobuild
into viewer-development.

That would leave the only remaining Showstopper OPEN-4 (using Fmod in an
autobuild), which shouldn't be too hard to document some workaround for.