[opensource-dev] Slowdowns with Viewer 2.5.x for Linux (getting too many data?)

Opensource Obscure opensourceobscure at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 05:10:20 PST 2011

It seems that Viewer 2.5.x for Linux (both development
builds and the official one that got released yesterday)
don't run smoothly on my system the same way
Viewer 2.4 did. Same setup, same settings, still very
noticeable performances differences.

Looking at Statistics bar (and the way things render in-world),
it looks like feel that I'm getting too many data when entering
new locations, this clogs / slows down the viewer for a few
dozens of seconds. My Network/Bandwidth and Draw distance
settings are default, or even less aggressive. My system
is quite powerful and I usually don't get this sort of slowdowns.

I still have to get more details about this. In the meantime,
it would help me a lot if I could get some pointers to known
existing PJIRA issues that may relate to this.

Opensource Obscure
http://twitter.com/oobscure - http://opensourceobscure.com/lol