[opensource-dev] Is 'STANDALONE' confusing?

Aleric Inglewood aleric.inglewood at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 07:41:17 PST 2011

I agree too. I have found 'standalone' to be confusing all along, and
inverting it (ON <--> OFF) is a very logical thing to do.
If inverting is acceptable then USE_PREBUILT_LIBS sounds good.  Or
perhaps, USE_LL_PREBUILT_LIBS
which would be more clear, but wouldn't work for the TPV's :(.
If inverting is not acceptable then maybe change '--standalone' into
--no-prebuilt-libs.
A LOT worse, but still better than 'standalone' would be USE_SYSTEM_LIBS.