[opensource-dev] Is 'STANDALONE' confusing?

Nicky D. sl.nicky.ml at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 21 13:33:28 PST 2011

> We have a suggestion that the term 'STANDALONE' in the build processes
> is misleading and should be changed to something that is more accurately
> descriptive of what it really does.
>

> So... should this be changed?  and if so, to what?

I am fine with changing it to whatever gets the most votes. Even
though personally
I would not touch it.

In my eyes it is a minor thing, easy to get used to and only relevant
for a small
group of people. Can be read up in the wiki too.

So yeah, a candidate to change. It just does not strive me as something worth
to put much energy in it (changing source, testing, removing potential
bugs, merge
problems, wiki, build scripts; just to name a few pitfalls and places
for change).

Cheers,
   Nicky