[opensource-dev] Pre-processing chat input (was Re: Review Request: STORM-829 Viewer 2 does not parse /me in object Instant Messages

Tateru Nino tateru at taterunino.net
Wed Jan 12 07:25:59 PST 2011

On 13/01/2011 2:17 AM, Jamey Fletcher wrote:
> Tateru Nino wrote:
>
>>    Which is a shame. It's significantly less versatile that way.
>> On 13/01/2011 12:06 AM, Nexii Malthus wrote:
>>> "/me " is a *post-process*.
> I'm missing what versatility we're wanting in /me - I've always seen it
> as a rather straight-forward substitution.

Well, using myself for an example, I'm used to using a completely
different set of tokens and substitutions for that sort of thing. I
think SL is the only thing I use that supports the old IRC syntax. I
find it awkward, and it would be nice to be able to use conventions that
are more common to the software that I use. As a post-processed
substitution token, though, I just don't have the luxury to use familiar
textual communication modes.

--
Tateru Nino
http://dwellonit.taterunino.net/