[opensource-dev] STORM-243 - simulator version notifications

Stickman stickman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 00:20:01 PST 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Lance Corrimal
<Lance.Corrimal at eregion.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 18. Januar 2011 schrieb Kent Quirk (Q Linden):
>> It's not gonna be a debug setting. The information's available to
>> put it on a HUD if you care.  We're pulling the feature and
>> simplifying the viewer.
>
> then how about getting rid of all the extra and superfluous
> information that the viewer presents
> https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/STORM-323

This.

If LL's goal is simplification, I will happily help them work towards
that goal. I'll have to find another viewer that meets my needs, but
at least I'll know to stop making suggestions LL would never be
interested in because they don't have the goals I think they have.

But right now, I don't know what LL's trying to do with the viewer.
Besides bringing it up to modern tech (meshes, materials later, etc),
and fixing bugs, what's LL trying to do? Is there a mission statement,
a motto, a creed, or a list of goals somewhere?

Stickman