[opensource-dev] STORM-243 - simulator version notifications

Opensource Obscure opensourceobscure at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 01:46:31 PST 2011

On a second though, this solution (paired with the information from
"About Second Life") seems good enough to me.

Also, simplifying the viewer as a general approach is indeed necessary
and reasonable.

Opensource Obscure

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 21:30, Twisted Laws <twisted_laws at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Personally I see no reason for it and a user could have a simple script they
> are wearing that triggers on changed, CHANGE_REGION, that tells them the
> version of the server if they are interested.
>
> default
> {
>   on_rez(integer start_param)
>   {
>          llOwnerSay(llGetRegionName + " " + llGetEnv("sim_channel") + " " +
> llGetEnv("sim_version"));
>   }
>    changed(integer change)
>    {
>       if(change & CHANGED_REGION)
>      {
>          llOwnerSay(llGetRegionName + " " + llGetEnv("sim_channel") + " " +
> llGetEnv("sim_version"));
>      }
>   }
> }

Opensource Obscure

Twitter [EN] - Twitter [IT] - Blog [IT] - YouTube - Photos - Second Life