[opensource-dev] Daily Scrum Summary - Monday, January 24

Anya Kanevsky akanevsky at productengine.com
Mon Jan 24 23:28:49 PST 2011

Monday, January 24, 2011 General Notes
------------------------------

   - MMOTD: Oz
   - Please remember to put descriptions next to the jira number in your
   report when possible.

Team Status
------------------------------
 Merov Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - STORM-748 : Fixed TC builds, added KDU_X86_INTRINSICS to Mac and
   Windows builds. Linux already built with that by default. On Mac, no perf
   difference though. Need to measure on Windows.
   - Code reviews: more of this, only 2 (long ones) left to review...

*FUTURE*

   - SH-761, etc : get a clear merge list from shining
   - STORM-745 : Perf baseline : complete the plan as I wrote it
   - STORM-748 : Build with KDU_X86_INTRINSICS: build on Windows, measure
   perf

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Oz Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Merge Monkey
   - Patch triage from codereview
   - Updates to Third Party Viewer Directory
   - STORM-312

*FUTURE*

   - Merge Monkey
   - More code reviews
   - STORM-312

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Q Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Planning trip to SF
   - Planning meetings and presentations in SF

*FUTURE*

   - Between travel and OOO time, will not be available tomorrow at all.
   - Will not attend tomorrow's scrum or other meetings.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none; see you Wed.

Paul ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG STORM-513 ("Allow media to auto - play" check-box is enable after
   Media check-box was unchecked)
      - Fixed. Will correct some issue according to Vadim's commentaries and
      send for review. Estimate ~ 10 minutes.
   - Installed Windows 7 on my machine. Finished installing and configuring
   all needed software for SL in VS 2005. Built and ran it. Unfortunately it
   took more time than i expected.
   - Almost finished with configuring in Ubuntu. Estimate ~ 1 hour.

*FUTURE*

   - Finish configuring SL in Ubuntu
   - BUG STORM-513 ("Allow media to auto - play" check-box is enable after
   Media check-box was unchecked)
   - Other tickets by priority

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Seth Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Story (STORM-526) Log out failure during Login causes loss of pending
   offers, including inventory
      - Found possible reason for inventory loss, described it in jira.
      Deferring work on this issue until I have some ideas on how to confirm my
      assumptions and ways to fix the issue.

*FUTURE*

   - BUG (STORM-843) Inventory incremental string search not working (search
   starts over)

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - BUG (STORM-316) Debug: Inventory.Folders by Name/Sort by Date/Sort by
   Name/System Folders to Top Do not apply and settings changes do not persist
   after relogging.
      - Waiting for product owner answers.

Vadim Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Assisted Paul with setting up Windows dev environment.
   - Bug STORM-610 (Changes to Environment Editor: water color change is not
   saved): WIP.

*FUTURE*

   - Fix STORM-610.
   - Other bugs.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Need PO answer in STORM-2 (Customizable viewer layouts).

Andrey ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - corrected Inspectors, My Inventory, and Object Profile test plans. See
   "TPEQA Test Plans" shared folder
   - integrated tickets verification
   - proceeded with regression testing of v-d r219350 build

*FUTURE*

   - pickup 2.5.0 Beta2 build?
   - continue reviewing of SideBar test plans, we have no a good one for My
   Landmarks and Create/View/Edit Landmarks

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Jonathan Yap
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - STORM-845 (Up arrow icon on nearby chat for "Shows/hides nearby chat
   log" always shows as an up arrow. Should change to down arrow to indicate
   close when log is open

*FUTURE*

   - STORM - 845

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - None

Cummere Mayo
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - pretriage vwr patches
   - rechecked a couple of snow issues
   - design sketches
   - tested the storm-236 test build.

*FUTURE*

   - viewer testing for develper, developement, and firestorm
   - more jira organization/cleanup
   - some feature requests i want to do
   - some feature requests i want to update

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - exahausted
   - rl work
   - other commitments