[opensource-dev] Daily Scrum Summary - Thursday, January 27 + Cancellation for Friday, January 28

Anya Kanevsky akanevsky at productengine.com
Thu Jan 27 14:13:52 PST 2011

 NOTE: Standup is cancelled tomorrow, Jan 28, due to scheduling conflict
with an all-hands meeting.  Please send me your reports and we will resume
on Monday.

Thursday, January 27, 2011
 General Notes
------------------------------

   - MMOTD: Oz
   - Daily standup cancelled tomorrow due to conflict with an all-hands
   meeting.

Team Status
------------------------------
 Merov Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - STORM-749 : Alpha in KDU: dug through all the code to find out how big
   a project that would be, hacked a bit in the render code, wrote findings in
   JIRA, in discussion with rendering folks to see if it's worth doing.

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-749 : Alpha in KDU: make a decision whether it's worth pursuing
   or not

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Oz Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Merge Monkey
      - pulled changes approved at review meeting
   - Cataloging viewer dependencies
   - Met w/ team Chopper re: autobuild merge
      - Testing viewer autobuilds
   - My Office Hour

*FUTURE*

   - Merge Monkey
   - Announce viewer autobuild test release
   - Create a viewer autobuild usage wiki page
   - Write up issues from review meeting & do another test build

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - deep snow & broken shear pin

Q Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - STORM-316 - Inventory sort order
   - Lots and lots of meetings

*FUTURE*

   - VWR-24157 - XML file constraints
   - Lots and lots of meetings

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Lots and lots of meetings

Paul ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG STORM-513 ("Allow media to auto - play" check-box is enable after
   Media check-box was unchecked)
      - Fixed and sent for review.
   - BUG STORM-484 (The long name is not truncated in Build tools)
      - Re-fixed according to Merov's commentaries
   - BUG STORM-612 ('Didn't find..' text overlaps My inventory folder name
   in Pick Texture window)
      - WIP. Tried reproduce.
   - BUG STORM-680 (Avaline callers are added to the Recent list)
      - WIP. Investigating. For now can't give estimates, need to
      investigate more deeply. Most time spent on fixing Windows build
and fixed.

*FUTURE*

   - BUG STORM-680 (Avaline callers are added to the Recent list)

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Seth Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG (STORM-379) Content permissions aren't refreshed in the "Buy copy
   of" floater
   - WIP. The issue is caused by different ways of getting the object's
   permissions in agent's inventory and inside an object. Looking for the way
   to get the correct permissions for object's inventory.
   - Code review.

*FUTURE*

   - BUG (STORM-379) Content permissions aren't refreshed in the "Buy copy
   of" floater
   - Pick other issues from sprint 10.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - BUG (STORM-316) Debug: Inventory.Folders by Name/Sort by Date/Sort by
   Name/System Folders to Top Do not apply and settings changes do not persist
   after relogging.
      - Waiting for product owner answers.

Vadim Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Bug VWR-20497 (water windlight settings written to usersettings but not
   read from there):
      - Resolved as not reproducible.
   - Bug STORM-610 (Changes to Environment Editor: water color change is not
   saved):
      - Contitued working on it. Realized that the implementation I had been
      working on was inappropriate, although it might be used to fix STORM-326
      (persistent skies/water settings). Implementing a simpler solution.

*FUTURE*

   - Finish with STORM-610 (ETA 1d).

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Andrey ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - finished 2.5.0 Beta2 regression testing, see IQA-75 for more details
   - 2.5.0 bug-fixes verification in progress. processed ~75% of tickets

*FUTURE*

   - pickup the latest v-d build
   - verify integrated tickets
   - I have test plans for review in my queue

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - there is a lot of 2.5.0 bug-fixes that PE cannot verify, for example
   from CHOP and EXP projects. Who will verify them against 2.5.0 beta/release?

Cummere Mayo
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Veiwer testing
   - jira work
   - got champion auction certification

*FUTURE*

   - jira work
   - get with merov or oz about how to better write up VWR-24633 and get it
   on the radar for consideration for the backlog
   - also get with them about how to trace down what seems to be a trend of
   only partially logging in

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Jonathan Yapp

*PAST*

   - STORM-643 (Embed Minimap into the Nearby list of the People Sidebar)
      - Shephered the patch through the system.

*FUTURE*

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - STORM-829 and STORM-435 are done -- is someone going to move these
   through the system?